Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Euro 2008

Honestly, I love soccer (I keep it to this word not that Americans think I am talking about American football which of course is rugby in GB ;)) and usually I try to watch most of the games. Sometimes I do not make it to all of the games in the first round because I cannot stop to work at 6 pm for more than one week. Anyway, the last games of the first round and the games further on are an absolute MUST for me - I just want to see the teams playing. Just watching games where Germany is playing is absolutely ridiculous for me. Either you like soccer and you watch or you don't like it and don't watch but not liking soccer and watching only German games - how can people then ever judge how they play in comparison to other teams?
Anyway, this post should actually be about the differences between watching soccer in Germany and in Norway. Generally it doesn't really matter if one doesn't understand all what the commentator says - on Norwegian TV there are always two.
What I really had problems with was the 15 minute break which was filled completey with commercials - horrible. In Germany, you get either the Delling-Netzer team (sorry link is only in German)on ARD or Meyer/Klopp together with Kerner on ZDF. No matter what team is on, there will be a review of the best scenes, the goals and some debatable actions of the referee or the players. I like that a lot because there are always some things to learn about soccer and I really missed that a lot.
In my opinion, we finally got a european champion who deserves it - Spain was just at its very best - they had speed and accuracy and managed a very constant performance throughout the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment