Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Grouse Mountain

Obviously the attraction in Van. However too touristy for me with bird shows, grizzly sanctuary, helicopter flights, tandem paragliding, lumberjack show, restaurant, gift shop and ....whatever. Ok, the grizzly area was nice because they were orphants and would have died and they got quite an area to roam around.
Due to the limited time I had, I took the aerial tram up the mountain and started right for some trails which seemed to be unpaved and were therefore not taken by the 'high-heel-look-at-me-I-am-so-pretty-but-completely-dumb'people. Well you might think now that I am intolerant but please who goes up a mountain to WALK or HIKE with a skirt and high-heels? For a party - sure but not any activity outdoors.
Anayway, the Vancouver guide promised a good view ... problem was that the air was quite dusty. However, just a few meters away from the main attractions, I was almost alone and there was still snow left(probably as much as there is in Oslo during the whole year - well that was only a slight exaggeration). There was even so much snow that the trails were still closed and I couldn't hike on.


The aerial tram up.



The dusty view.



The bleeding heart.



Patches of snow.



Mountains.



Funny bird, who was always flying away so the pic is not that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment