Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hardangervidda - limitless

The Hardangervidda is also one of the places in Norway where I could spent months without getting enough. Lots of untouched nature and some kind of rough beauty with random rock formations, lakes, ice and snow make the area special. The Hardangervidda is the largest mountain plateau of Europe and therefore is blessed with a cold alpine climate all around the year. Yes, blessed! Call me spoil-sport but I really miss the winter (the real one not the last one which thought it could satisfy me with a few days below -20 °C). And don't tell me that I couldn't grow radish, spinach, peas, beans, chard and courgette/zucchini/green squash (take whatever you like best) which are all nicely sprouting in the greenhouse! I wouldn't mind half a year of growing some vegetables if I had half a year of proper winter ;) 
 One shouldn't underestimate the Hardangervidda though - it was a beautiful day but quite windy and in mid-October some proper winter clothing would have been appropriate. 





1 comment:

  1. i was there this year also. i did a few trips in my life, but during that one I feel something wild in my self. you know , when you realized thtat in front of you there is 100km empty space, without people, just moon space. I love it! Its in polish but you don't need polish to see pictures ;) http://pawelmucha.blogspot.no/2012/06/norwegia-hardangervidda-moje-pierwsze.html

    waiting for more info from your trips!

    ReplyDelete