Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ouch

There is going to be a wedding in the family at the beginning of November. It's not really going to be a huge celebration but somehow we still felt like we should prepare something. They don't want the general wedding progamme with silly games so the only option is to play some music. So I got my guitar out of the box to play a few Irish songs with my cousin (who is totally into Irish music and plays the tin whistle).
The problem is that I have a Western guitar with steel strings and of course once upon a time I had to get the hardest strings for this guitar (because it sounds so much better but the fingers are completely destroyed ... who cares about fingers when you can have the sound eh?). The finger tips of the left hand are so sore now ... and I have to practise every day to manage at least the basics .... I must be am mad .... ouch!

1 comment: