Saturday, March 8, 2014

Wolfstal

I always claim that I grew up in a geologically boring area at least by my standards. The village here is still within the glacial deposits so you find almost nothing but gravel and sand. Not too far away we have Jurassic shales and limestones which are somewhat more interesting because you can find fossils. Due to the limestone the area has lots of caves, springs and numerous ruins built to control the valleys. 
One of these valleys is the "Wolf Valley" which is an attraction in March since you can spot huge fields of snowflakes and a bright red mushroom which is apparently very rare. My pictures of the valley look like there was nobody around but I had to wait a long time to get these shots. It was a weekday but seemed like everybody managed to get out to have a look. Real hiking trails for me next time ;)
The small cave is called "Bear Cave" and was used as a camp in the stone age. 











From Lauterach into the direction of Laufenmühle to big parking area
Length: 3.1 km one way

 

No comments:

Post a Comment