Saturday, December 15, 2007

Advanced geography

What happens if you have a statistics program AND a visitor map? Sometimes they don't locate the people on the same spot but I didn't expect that it might be that far off but see yourself:



The red points are done by clustrmaps, the "exact" location was given to me by statcounter. While the statistic program tells me that there has been a visitor from Toronto, Canada - the map draws a point where I could not even find a city in google earth. The green point is where (according to my geographical education) Toronto should be. The same fun is done for Porto Alegre in Brazil - the red point might more in the region of Manaus - well actually a little too much south. I wonder if those Indian villages in the middle of the jungle have internet ;).
Sorry for the bad quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment