Saturday, October 13, 2007

Answer

to that question:
Germans generally go shopping with reusable bags (often cloth bags). I do that myself and I realized that in Germany most of the people do ;) While here in Norway you are asked if you want some (plastic) bags, in Germany they don't even ask anymore. In addition most German shops offer these cloth bags in addition to the regular plastic bags and I think that is actually a very nice thing because these bags are quite useful. Crazy Germans and their environmentalism ;)

2 comments:

  1. No, I don't think that is crazy. This plastic bag problem is quite a problem in some contries (especially the less gifted ones). Take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the desert near Dubai we found a camel skeleton half burried in the sand. It had a ball of chewed plastic bags the size of a football where it's stomach would have been.
    I go shopping with a cloth bag and if I forget to bring one, I use a cardboard box.

    ReplyDelete