Friday, October 26, 2007

Carpe diem

There are certain days when the weather is so nice although the weather forecast said the opposite. Usually these days are Fridays and then everybody is really looking forward to a weekend with cool weather - however the weekend is usually foggy. Well, you can still do some things outside but it is not really inviting especially not when the whole week was really sunny and therefore you know that the pictures could be nicer . Anyway I made the experience for a few weeks and today I decided that I am not playing that game anymore - it was great outside so I didn't go to work but went biking. If the whole weekend it going to be foggy and/or rainy I will have enough time to work. I had planned for a long time to bike as further in the Nordmarka, so I picked a route which looked like this:

Sorry, the picture is not the best but when you look at the full size, you will be able to see the trail marked in yellow with a few stations.
Picture taken at point 1:



The lake at point 2 looked like this, I've been there before when I was out hiking but on the opposite shore:







The lake at point 3 is part of the drinking water suply for Oslo so people are asked to keep the water clean and not to swim or let the dogs swim.



Number 4 was the last picture taken when the weather was still nice ... it can be seen that some clouds are coming from the left. A few minutes after that picture was taken I had to bike in the fog. Unfortunatley that was the point the furthest away from home so my way back was foggy, cold and quite wet.





At point 5, I had to take a hiking trail in order to catch the biking trail back to Sognsvann. It is quite short so it was not really a problem and you could bike it if you really feel like it ... it was a little too rough for me ;). Anyway, any other trail would have been to far off the direction I really wanted to go but if there is more time and nicer weather there are probably other possibilities.

The last stop I made was at the same spot as stop 2 just to show the differnce of sunny and foggy:





All in all I am very glad that I biked today and tomorrow I can work since we are burried in fog ;)

1 comment:

  1. for the next surprising fog you better bring a GPS so you can find home easily ... hopefully ;)
    the pictures taken within the fog are kind of eldritch ;)

    ReplyDelete