Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's not alright...

... to take the title of a song of Widscreen Mode (I am kind of addicted to their music at the moment).
Anyway it is really not alright - it is not even funny.
It's nothing bad in general but the whole of April was April's fools day or something like that. Luckily April is over soon ;)
You wanna know why?
Story # 1:
The city of Oslo has this 'special' service of cleaning the roads from all the rocks and dirt of winter. Since most people have their cars parked on the road and the cars are in the way, they have to be removed. If you are luckiy you see the signs which are supposed to be on the road 24h before - if you are not so lucky you are on vacation during that time or don't even know that they are cleaning the road. And by the way they remove the cars at your costs - something over 2000 NOK.
Anyway until this moment I was lucky - I saw the signs and I made a note to myself: park the car somewhere else (which is a difficult task in itself). So it's quite late in the evening I start the car and 'klick' - nothing. Luck left - first idea: battery. What to do - it is half past 10 pm ... going back into the appartment and luckily I am not alone living here so I am talking to two of my flatmates and we decide that we will try to push the car and start it then. So we try that - by that time we are 4 - we push and push but the car does not start. We decide that we don't want to go further since we have to push the car back anyway so we are looking for a spot to park the car - no spot. People with cars passing - looking stupidly but not even asking if they might be able to help. At last, we decide to push the car into the backyard of the building where we live - there are several parking spots but obviously reserved for some people. I leave a note asking for mercy since the car is not working and cannot stay on the road. The next day I asked a Norwegian friend if he could help me to get the car started - so he was very nice to stop by in the evening (rain pouring down like hell). There is this special screw which is supposed to serve as a device for pulling the car with another one - so we attach the screw and after the first curve, the screw pops out. Second try - same result but this time the car is on the road and people cannot pass by so they have to turn around. The only comment of my friend: this is such a nice construction, why does it not work (suggestion: because it's French (?)). So we decide that pulling the car is not an option and we put it back into the backyard and take out the battery and charge it. It was the battery - I put it in the next day and the car was running.

No comments:

Post a Comment