Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Story # 2

I skip the 'sick in Vienna' part because there is not really much to tell but it is added to the April joke.
So the story:
There will be a conference in Vancouver in July and since my abstract got accepted recently, I decided to book a flight as soon as possible so that it will not get too expensive. Of course I do not have to pay for it myself since it is connected to my work but I don't want to waste the money in my fund so I was looking for a flight with a reasonable price and not too many stops - I found a nice offer of a quite known online travel agency. So, I book the flight and even during the booking procedure I have to verfy my credit card with a bank-ID (that is something they do here in Norway quite often - which also means that I need a security code and this works only in combination with my card). Anyway, the booking was done and I think that the Bank-ID was enough verification. The next day, I get an e-mail that I have to send a copy of both sides of my credit card via fax in order to get the flight otherwise the it will be cancelled. Ye right - they want to prevent the misuse of creadit cards and then they are asking me to send a copy of my card - they must be joking. I wrote them an e-mail that I will definitely not send any copy of my credit card and that I think that a bank-ID verification should be enough. The answer was something like - it is written in their general information (ye they right - sometime we might ask you for a verification - should I really think that is valid for me?). At least I don't have to pay for the cancellation. But I have to book another flight.

1 comment:

  1. Why use a travel agent at all? I find my flights online nd book them online - usually through http://www.kayak.com/

    ReplyDelete