Sunday, August 26, 2007

4 km airline distance ...

... and I need more than an hour by bike because I have to go partly down the hill, up another hill, completely down that one and then going up again. In between the road, I wanted to take, is turning to be gravel and there is complete darkness by now so I don't see even much with my light. In addition there is suddenly a 2m tall guy full of muscles showing up in the darkness and a few seconds later I am losing the contact lens of my left eye. So I decide that it is not a good idea to continue the gravel road with the limited sight of just one contact lense and an insufficient light and turn around to find another road. I should have passed by the tall guy again but he mysteriously vanished somewhere so I am better riding in the middle of the road that he is not jumping out of the bushes ;). Anyway I am trying to find a road which leads at least to the major road leading to my dorm but soon I am lost in a labyrinth of pedestrian roads only - many of which are dead ends (even for pedestrians and bikers). After a few dead ends I finally find a path which is going straight down. Everything I climbed up before is lost but at least it leads to the road I wanted to find. So eventually I have to do the same hill again but just on another road. Eventually I reach the dorm and manage to get into the lift - which decided to get stuck in the middle - furiously pressing the button for my floor then helped to convince it to move on.
Usually I love to bike and I also love to bike at night and I really like Oslo at night and I don't mind biking for an hour at night IF the distance is accordingly but is it really so hard to build just one single road connecting the hills?
In addition my break is not going smoothly .. making some noise and I am really afraid that I am destroying more if I don't go to a biker's shop and have a control but I cannot afford that next week timewise. Maybe it is better to liveaccording to a minimalistic philosophy since for every single thing you own you have to put in so much more effort and additional problems to care about ;).
Well stay tuned when there is a new story about (half)crazy Ju trying to bike 4 km of airline distance since I obviously haven't found the perfect way this time ;)

1 comment:

  1. this muscularly man you saw could be an elf or a pixie... how much did you drink that afternoon 8D

    ReplyDelete