Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back

Well, I am back in Oslo. The approximatley ten days of vacation in Norway were really great - my mum and I made two tours: the first to Southern Norway as far as Lindesnes (the southernmost point of Norway which is 2518 km away from the Nordkapp)and then back through the Telemark, passing Evje (a good place to find minerals), the Telemark canal and Heddal, the biggest Stave Church in Norway. The second tour was shorter but not less fascinating. We drove through the Hardangervidda to the Hardangerfjord and had the chance to hike in the Hardangervidda and look at several other Stave Churches.
In between we had two days in Oslo for my Mum to see the most important buildings and the Viking Ship museum and the Oslo beach ;). The weather was great except for two day (as ordered by my mum ;)).
Then we drove back to Germany stopping at Tanumshede( World heritage rock carvings in Sweden) and staying for the night in Sweden.
The time in Germany was quite short and on a tight schedule since I had to get the TÜV for my car and an appointment with the dentist. In addition I wanted to buy a bike (and several other things you cannot get in Norway) and I went to two weddings at the same day and to my granddad's 94th birthday.
The drive back was really tough - constant rain from shortly after Frankfurt up to the German-Danish border. There where times when you couldn't even see the car in front of you - really bad. Luckily the conditions improved in Denmark. This time I took a ferry from Hirtshals to Langesund over night together with my aunt went to visit her friend and harp teacher. Norway greeted me with the nicest weather and the drive from Langesund to Oslo took me only about 2 1/2 hours which was ok since we both could get some sleep on the ferry (which I booked as late as Monday).
I promised pictures and they will come gradually so here I will put in only one picture of the beach close to Hirtshals (actually only a few hundred meters away from the ferry terminal and it was almost dark and really windy):

No comments:

Post a Comment