Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Suicidal ...

... to walk in Oslo just before 9 am. Usually I am not doing that because a day started at that time is lost for me but from time to time I have to because there are meetings and there is no choice. Anyway I tried to use a pedestrian crossing and even if one car going in one direction was stopping(which maybe happens every 50 cars) then the one going into the other direction is just passing through and almost running over your feet not even paying attention that you are crossing.
And: I checked both directions but they are driving so fast that this doesn't help. So it is either not crossing at all or taking the risk of being run over.
I start to wonder why they are so impatient here - they have this nice peaceful country with so much nature and even Oslo cannot be called big ciry and still they cannot even wait for a few seconds for somebody to cross the street? And that is not only during the rush hour in the morning - no at anytime. The longer I live here the less I understand the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment