Tuesday, November 20, 2007

One more because it is so much fun !

What do you do when your computer does connect to the internet but not to the network (although it was connected to it on Friday)?
a) change the network cable
b) remove the laptop from the dockingstation
c) format the whole(!) computer and reinstall windows
d) all three

And now you probably think none of the above but the answer is d) and I could have almost killed that person. I was already sorry that I asked but I need the network and it is not my job to fix that. So I am going there, telling the lady that I cannot connect to the network she looks at it - I will get another internet cable to make sure that it is not a crossed one. I said(quite confused how one could have this idea): but it worked on Friday what should have happend to the cable until Monday? ... didn't help she wanted to get a cable so let her get the cable ... then she is trying her account, my accounts and had the glorious idea .. yeah! it is the docking station (by that time I was getting quite annoyed but still trying not to show it) ... OF COURSE it did not work after undocking the computer so she had (for the first time) a good idea and wanted to check if everything with the IP is correct so she took the computer and had it for maybe 1 hour (it felt like the whole afternoon). When she came back .. you have some data on partition E can you make a backup I have to reformat and reinstall windows. My first reaction was WHAT THE FUCK but still I tried to swallow that and asked what would actually be the reason to have partitions if the data is lost anyway since she is going to format all? She didn't get what I said instead she told me that partition C has to be 30GB and it is not and so she has to reshape ... well maybe I am too stupid but can somebody explain to me why C has to have 30 GB? Why can you not just format C and reinstall windows? Well it is ok - I have all the data elsewhere but I JUST SPENT TWO DAYS TO 1) install all the things she forgot to or wasn't capable to install (including making a nice partition of the unallocated 80GB) 2)install the programs she wouldn't even dream about installing (including such simple progs as firefox (yeah it was NOT on there) or irfanview 3) put my data on the new E partition BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT IT TO BE LOST WHEN THE SYSTEM CRASHES. In addition she didn't finish today .. nice working attitude which I could do that, too. So tomorrow when I get the computer back I can spent THE NEXT TWO DAYS ON CONFIGURATING THE COMUTER THE WAY I WANT IT AGAIN!
And she actually has the courage to ask me why I am kind of angry.

2 comments:

  1. Oops! Na dann wünsche ich viel Geduld und Selbstbeherrschung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this person will buy a new car if the tank of the car is empty
    and she also would buy a new refrigarator when the food is eaten
    and of course after using clothes and they starting to smell you have to buy new ones
    some people are really stupid and that's sad

    ReplyDelete