Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where do you go in 2008?

The rough plan is done until September so this is where I was and will be this year:

1) starter was a small ski trip in February to Trysil about 200 km north of Oslo - it was a very nice but way too short weekend - the weather was nice but I didn't dare to take my camera to skiing and I don't have a cheap digicam anymore ;)

2) At the beginning of March, we had a more or less internal student conference at Oscarsborg - which is a fort ind the Oslofjord - close to Drøbak. There is a small ferry going to the island - I took some pictures and they will be uploaded when I can motivate myself.

3)The first big conference this year and for myself will be in Vienna in mid-April(it's called EGU). I will have a 15 minute talk but it has to be well prepared. Never made it to Vienna before so I will also try to get some impressions of the city.

4) The next but much smaller conference will be the Kongsberg seminar which is in May in Kongsberg - very nice place with a dinner in the Silver mines. The program does not seem that interesting for me and I only have to present a poster. I might sneek out from time to time and hike there because it is a really nice region.

5) Right after my mum comes over to celebrate a round birthday so we will do a trip here in Norway. Hopefully we make it further to the middle of Norway and can see Jotunheimen and Rondane and Sognefjord but we will see how that goes. Then we will drive to Germany.

6) In June there is a meeting in St. Petersburg. I don't know about the details yet but I might also have to present some of my work - St. Petersburg is another first and it will also be the first time in Russia for me.

7) July will be fantastic because in mid-July I have a conference in Vancouver and I am really looking forward to that.

8) In the end of July, I will do a field trip to the Karelian Kraton - so this will be half in Finnland and half in Russia. Finland will be another first ;)

9) Another conference ... a huge one in August but it will be here in Oslo - how boring ;)

10) Field trip mid-end August - transect through Norway - I always wanted to see those high pressure rocks there.

11) Which is a maybe - Barcelona in September - there will be a workshop and I might go there .


So that was about the plan for this year - there might be some conference in St.Fransisco in December but only if my supervisor forces me to go there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment