Friday, June 8, 2007

Andersnatten

Last Sunday I finally succeeded in trying out a hike described in the book. Since I started after noon I needed a shorter hike and a reasonable drive which was given by this very nice hike to the top of the Andersnatten. This granite coloss is 733m high and from the top you really have a nice view. The mountain got its name after a giant called Anders who was skiing with a child on his back across the Eastern side and left two tacks which actually are two huge veins.
The hiking trail started at a small lake called Andersnattjørnet:



Soon the trail started to go uphill and sometimes it was hard to find it in all the vegetation:



Further above a nice view on the lake was revealed:



Then I saw the proof that there are actually some moose running around in Norway - although these are only leftovers:



Still further up the trail looked like this:



As soon as rock predominated the surrounding, the vegetation became more sparse with individual pine trees:



On top, there was a fanstastic view:





Andersnatten and the lake in its full beauty:



And seem from a distance at the end of a quite large lake:



On the way back I decided to stop by an old church from the 17th century and there was a small road going there. Behind me there was a Skoda with a Norwegian licence plate going quite fast - since I didn't know the road that well and it was quite curvy I thought about letting him pass but there was no place to stop. At the church I parked and the guy passed by, stopped, drove back and parked right next to me. Then he indicated me to roll down the window and I though now I have to explain that I don't speak Norwegian and the first thing he said was: " Wo kommst du denn her?" and I thought I maybe know the guy but I didn't recognize his face nor his son sitting next to him. I would have loved to see my face. Well, it turned out that there is a small German community living close to this church and so he thought he might know me because of the German licence plate. He then invited me for coffee to his place and after looking at the church I drove there. Huge house on a really nice and huge lake - wonderful!
So here the church:

1 comment:

  1. in D gibt es zwar auch schöne Stellen, aber das sind meistens nur Stellen... in No oder auch AK sind das ja gleich Landstrich oder ganze Areale... gute Wahl mit deinem Ph.D.-Ort ;)
    keep on truckin'!!!

    ReplyDelete