Friday, June 8, 2007

Catching up

Friday finally - so now I am actually capable of catching up on this week ;)
Sunday I was on a really nice hike and pictures and a funny story will be put into another post. Monday we flew to Trondheim for a meeting - never did that before. Just flying to a place in the morning and coming back in the evening. It is actually cool when you don't have to check in any lugage and can pass right through to the gate (well one still has to survive these stupid safety procedures (I always feel like a felon having comitted a serious crime). The train to the airport was full of fat and loud tourists from Italy and GB (the first ones overweight and the seconds ones unbearable loud) - next time I will buy a Norwegian paper and demonstratively read that so that everybody knows that I am not a stupid tourist ;) Unfortunately I didn't see much of Trondheim itself because the meeting was out of town but we went downtown for a coffee before and some food after our conference. The city itself is not soooo thrilling but the region seems to be quite nice (I guess it is worth a longer trip). Anyway - just one picture of Trondheim which is kind of typical since it has these canals:



One thing I should really mention: it is way too hot here (I was hoping moving more than 2000 km north would result in a somewhat cooler climate but NOOOOOO!). I want winter! It was also quite hot on Monday but on the way back we could join Yuri in his BMW cabrio: 40 minutes of wind that was so nice (ok my hair was completely matted but who cares ;))!
And about the milk story - Samo (the guy who mistakenly took the carton) bought me a full one although I told him several times that he doesn't have to (nice guy ).

1 comment:

  1. looooooooool... I try to imagine which way your hair looked after the 40 minutes blow ;) I guess you looked kind of wild and untamed :P

    ReplyDelete