Friday, June 1, 2007

YES!

Today I got a cheque with the salary for May. Ok, they take 50% taxes but I will get some of it back when the other things are arranged.
Since it was rainy and windy today, I decided to take the T-bane to go to work and I met an African guy at the stop who first asked me in Norwegian then English when the next T-bane is coming. Since I spoke English he wanted to know where I come from and when I told him, Germany he wanted to know if Western or Eastern Germany. Funnily he didn't meet anybody in Norway who comes from Eastern Germany and he was wondering why (does anybody know ? I also only met Westerners). Well, we started to talk about the reunification and differences between Western and Eastern Germans and we finally ended up philosophizing about communism, capitalism and Karl Marx. Funny!

1 comment:

  1. In den ersten 4 Jahren (oder evtl. nur noch 3, das hat sich geändert) die man als Ausländer in Norwegen arbeitet, muss man darauf achten, dass auf der Steuererklärung steht, das man 15% des Gehaltes steuerfrei kriegt, als Pauschale für so Extrakosten wie Heimflüge oder Telefonate oder wasweißichnoch. Pauschal halt - ohne Quittungen oder sowas.
    Das vergessen die natürlich per DEfault, deshalb muss man das selber auf die Steuererklärung draufschreiben. Das ist eine Menge Geld. Wenn Du bis dahin nicht weißt, was das heisst, frag jemanden, der sich damit auskennt.

    Ansonsten gibt's keine Norwegischen Steuertricks, die mir bekannt sind. Man zahlt ja ohnehin nicht so viel wie in Deutschland.

    ReplyDelete