Sunday, April 29, 2007

Do I look like a local?

Funny, I can't say that I am here quite long and I have been addressed at least three times by strangers. The first ones were tourists downtown (ok that was on my first visit in Oslo) they wanted to go to the National Gallery so it wasn't too hard to tell them how to get there. The second one was a woman she talked in Norwegian and I still have some problems to understand that ;) so she tried in English but she was looking for a certain street ...well I was lost. Third one was an older guy with his wife and I was just passing by and he suddenly talked to me in Norwegian - well he must have realized that I didn't really understand so he said (in really good English) oh you are English speaking sorry I thought you were Norwegian.
But I am starting to make a list of thing you would never see in Germany (it's not very long right now but still the details are funny):
1) Two fathers with baby carriages - ok sometimes they are also alone ;)
2) People running around with skis downtown (and often with their complete ski outfit)
3)A Porsche with roof racks.
4)A whole T-bane full of kindergarden kids and some still in pushchairs.

In addition I always thought that Germans are cellular phone freaks but Norwegians are worse - you cannot be anywhere without at least one Norwegian around you hanging on a phone for hours ;)

3 comments:

  1. mit deinem langen wallenden naturblonden haar ist es aber auch wirklich schwierig für die norweger dich als eine nicht der ihrigen zu sehen... und btw vielleicht solltest du den wikingerhelm und die bartaxt daheim lassen :D
    just kidding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wer sagt denn dass norweger lange, blonde haare haben ;) das sind die schweden :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. nuja schweden is neben norwegen... wer sagt denn, dass es da nicht gewisse vermischungen gibt... oder abwanderungen ;)

    zumindest scheinen in norwegen frauen mit locken normal zu sein *g*

    ReplyDelete