Saturday, April 14, 2007

velkommen alle sammen

ok the second try. I was trying to put in Norwegian letters and of course the stupid text vanished. I am trying to learn Norwegian but I don't make as much progress as I would like to but I know that I should have some patience since I am not even here for a whole week.
The last few days I met really cool and nice people from all over the world. There are also many Germans staying here. Tomorrow I am planning to go for a hike so there will be more pics soon.
Hopefully I will get my contract next week - apparently nobody applied for the second announcement of the position (For those who don't know what I am talking about: I had to apply twice because the first position didn't have a Norwegian reference number and the dean of the university didn't want to sign the contract so the whole position had to be announced a second time and consequently I had to apply a second time - the deadline was last week so NOW I can probably get my contract).
It's a little bit loud here in the dorm (not the people on my floor they are all quite nice and considerate) and I still don't have curtains so the sun shines in almost directly and even I cannot sleep longer. I think about applying for an appartment on my own (still in the dorms but I don't have to share the bathroom). There will be a waiting list anyway so I should try this out quite soon.
I met the guy who got the position in Tromsø (the same I applied for but didn't get because I didn't have my degree in time). He actually wanted a position in Oslo but didn't get it. So he is in Tromsø and wanted to be in Oslo and I am in Oslo and wanted to be in Tromsø ;) He doesn't seem to like it there - it snows every day (but isn't that actually really cool??????). In retrospect I am really happy that I am in Oslo now because there are really nice and competent people here and although Tromø would have been nice with respect to the lanscape the university would have been quite small and I have much better chances at the PGP.
I didn't believe it in the beginning but everything worked out perfectly and I am so happy to be here.

2 comments:

  1. schön zu hören :) viel glück und erfolg in oslo... ich denke du schaffst das mit links... aber besser is wohl mit rechts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuja ... das überlasse ich lieber den männern ob nun mit links oder mit rechts .....

    ReplyDelete