Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Swabian in Oslo

When leaving my dorm I actually heard people speak in Swabian - I was shocked ;)
Today we had a cloudless sky here so most of the last few day's snow has melted.
I met a few of the people living with me - a French girl and a guy from Slovakia. In addition there should be two people from Hongkong (or Ongkong as the French girl said, another girl from France and a guy from Africa living here, too. Most of them are exchange students and leaving in June so we will see what happens - maybe I will already live somewhere else by that time.
There is a lake just a few minutes away from my appartment and today I walked around it. Partly it is still covered with ice and the path around it seems to be quite frequented. Nice for running and consequently there are many sportive people around.

Not much happening at university: I am still waiting for the second application process to be completed so I guess I will have a contract soon. In addition the main aims and goals are not formulated yet so I am trying to get familiar with my topic by reading papers.

P.S.
Thanks guys for writing in English but you don't have to. For the comments German is ok, too. I just have many friends who are not speaking German so I try to keep the blog in English. French comments would be ok, too but please don't try to write in Russian ;)

6 comments:

  1. Zdrawstwujte Julishka,

    Ocen harascho v oslo?

    ;o)

    Schwaben gibts doch überall. In Mk hatten wir ja auch mitten im Nirgendwo plötzlich jemanden der geschwäbelt hat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. in Oslo nennt man die wahrscheinlich Angel-Schwaben :D
    ich glaube das ist der Fluch eines jeden Menschen in der Wildnis... man redet mit sich selbst und damit man wenigstens etwas zu lachen hat schwäbelt man halt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja heute hat mich ein Deutscher begrüßt mit: willkommen im Ländle gefolgt von: wo kommst du her? Ulm er: ja dann wirklich Ländle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. frag mich woran er erkannt hat, dass du aus m ländle bisch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ich hab keine Ahnung ich habe nur hallo gesagt und meinen Namen ... das war bestimmt nur Zufall ;)

    ReplyDelete