Wednesday, April 18, 2007

maybe I am too stupid....

... for this PhD. Anyway I don't even have a contract yet - theoretically I don't even have to work but here I am working 7 hours a day without lunch break. I am here for just a week and my desk is full of things to read (1000 page book about basin analysis, pile of 25 papers about the geology of the Barents Sea) and I have to get used to at least 3 complex computer programs .... well it is ok if you have time for everything but then I am already expected to have a model ready for basin formation and eager participation in a class I attend in the middle of the semester without the basic knowledge I think I need to actually follow properly.
I know that every start is hard and I knew it was a new topic and people who know me can say that I am trying to catch up with things as soon as I am able to but why can't I do it at my pace?
Sorry just pissed a little bit right now... but it will go away

2 comments:

  1. geduld, ein klein wenig geduld... in einer woche lernt man nicht die encyclopaedia britannica auswendig ;) wenn ich so an gewisse durch Mauern befestigten Uferdämme denke, bist du lichtjahre voraus ;)

    ReplyDelete