Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Odysseye

You probably think that doing the laundry is a pretty easy job. And it actually should be - just sorting the clothes putting them into the washing machine, add some washing powder and choose the appropriate progam ;) Well, this part is the easiest here in the student dorms (I don't have my own washing machine and drier so I have to go to these laundry facilities they offer here in some of the buildings). Since during the week I come home so late that I cannot run the machine and the drier (the rooms close at 11 pm), I have to do it on the weekends and unfortunately almost all other people seem to do that, too. So on Sunday I move my stuff to the closest laundry room, put my clothes into the machine, add some detergent, put in the washing card and want to start the machine but it refuses to start since suddenly there is not enough time for the machine to run because there is a reservation of exactly this machine. It could not tell me before .. NO! Ok, so I am looking for another free washing machine - three are busy and the other two are out of order so I have to go to another laundry room (before I try to get out most of the washing powder because I didn't want to leave it there). In the other room I finally succeed to get in my laundry so I come back and am happy that there is one free dryer - so I put in all my clothes and then realize that the door is not closing. Well, all clothes out again and to the other laundry room to put the laundry in the dryer there. The same thing is done with a second load of clothes and when I start the second dryer the machine claims to be busy since I stopped it too early so I put in the wet clothes and let it run for some more time (it does that without paying again) and tried to start the machine later ... that worked.

3 comments:

  1. You write that there was a reservation on one of the machines. Can't you gat a reservation like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you take really much care about getting your clothes not dirty now ;)

    And btw what the ... is an Odys's eye??? Or did you mean Odin's eye :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alke: sure I can make these reservations but it would mean that I have to have these fixed dates to remember and on weekends I don't really feel like that;)
    @ knobi'o'tobi (so nennt dich übrigens hans wenn dein fenster in skype blinkt): as if your typing is so perfect all the time ;) Wenn ich an das hier denke: bartman sagt:
    wenig zu wenig arbeit hab ich das gewissen ja ned, sondan dass die anderen dann versucht ohne mich weiter zu kimmen (du öschi du)

    ReplyDelete