Friday, September 7, 2007

Tromsø III

The last day in Tromsø was free of conferences for me so I could go up to the mountain Storsteinen which is about 420 meters high. There is a cable car leading up (the nothernmost cable car in the world) but I decided that I want to hike up. The trail was very nice but a little bit strange - it lead almost half around the mountain until it went straight up (a slightly more gradual slope would have been nicer). The trail was quite muddy and slippery since it had rained before so I decided to go down by cable car. Above the tree line there were still blueberries everywhere and I couldn't resist to pick them ;) In addition it is just very nice to sit there (in the sun) and look at Tromsø and the ocean.













1 comment:

  1. These alpine colors are a pleasure for the eyes... I wonder how the air smells :)

    ReplyDelete